Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pink Elephants on Parade

Alright, so it has been a while. August was a very crazy and exiting month. I not only got engaged (to a great guy) but will be moving in to a new apartment within the next week or so with a brand new studio in it!!!! I am very much looking forward to the new studio! My Mentor and I will be meeting there for the first time on Friday the 13th!

Studio wise my reading of feminist literature, which I mentioned in my last post has driven me to play with pink - a color strongly associated with femininity, as opposed to my usual black paint. So came the pink elephants. I enjoyed making the first one so much I decided to make another. With the second piece I drew one image and then moved the projector slightly creating which resembled watching a 3D movie with out glasses. I found this interesting and so drew another layer over it. Several dizzying layers later I stepped away and have just been living with it since. I am still unsure about which pieces if any are compete.

Whats next, I am not sure, but I have started working on some smaller piece again as well the larger work. I think I need to have the two widely differing scales going on in my studio to keep my work moving forward and avoid stagnation.

Pink Elephants 1 in progress 

Progress . . .

Last stage (possibly finished) 



Pink Elephants 2 

2 comments: