Monday, October 28, 2013

Back In Action

After a cold that just wouldn't quit (the joys of teaching kindergarten) I am back in the studio! My mentor has suggested that I continue thinking about my work abstractly and suggested I use more found color through drawing materials. She also suggested I try to engage the background of my work, creating a space rather than allowing these shapes to simply float on the surface. While I like this idea I am finding it hard to think in terms of background when I have essentially ignored it for so long. The white background has become such an essential aspect of my work I am finding it difficult to step away from.





Finally a finished piece!
This reminds me of old disney sketches some how, like steam boat Micky, but there are no recognizable images. 

experiments with line, shape and found paper as a grid 



A very LARGE experiment
not sure where exactly I am going with it but its fun working BIG! 

Work very much in progress
attempt to use the shapes text forms on a page to engage background 

Work in progress
an attempt to engage the background 

continuation of previous work adding in the grey as suggested 



Continuation of previous work
Starting to regret the color combination and low quality paint on this one 


No comments:

Post a Comment