Monday, September 15, 2014

Tiny Rooms and Pink Walls . . . .



Moving from small back to BIG! 

I had a great intro conversation with my new mentor who suggested it was time to really dig into the work. He was interested in the idea of the room/interior space I have been working with so far this semester and suggested paintings or even to think about them in terms of real space. As the work I came into the program was installation based I feel this may be an opportunity to come back to where I started with a more in-depth understanding of my work and what my main concerns are.

I am currently continuing with creating small collages that may become large installation pieces. My newest work in progress is created on a 15ftx4ft tarp. This first piece is experiment and exploration. I feel in the next piece I need to add several more layers of gesso to create a richer less dry texture to work on, I am also considering more vibrant colors. I will also play with different types of flooring!

This feels like an exiting next step! I am looking forward to creating more in this vein. 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment