Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Walls, Halls and Pains in the Ass . . . .

I have continued with the monochromatic rooms creating a total of five over the course of the semester. With the help and guidance of my great mentor David Humphrey I feel as though I have created my most consistent series of work thus far which ties in directly to what, to this point I believe my thesis will entail. These paintings are incomplete but I have brought incomplete work to the residency before and feel comfortable doing so. I believe these paintings to be the main attractions in an installation I hope will be the studio portion of my thesis project.

Of course after working on these paintings for extended periods of time (and since I am not usually a painter) I have decided to create a new mini series using the same ideas as the paintings (architectural spaces as well as fragmented cartoon imagery) in a way more closely related to my work last semester with layers of mylar and drawings. I am exited about this new little series entitled "what a pain in the ass she is . . . "




New Series: 
what a pain in the ass she is . . . 







1 comment:

  1. These are really fantastic! Can't wait to see you and your new work!!!

    ReplyDelete