Sunday, July 14, 2013

Changing Ideas . . .


So it is a few weeks after the residency and life is getting slightly back to normal, I am finding time for both life and art. My main focus in these weeks has been the first paper, the synthesis of the residency. This paper has both greatly helped and confused me. I began writing the paper with the same intent and idea I brought to the residency, however with the first draft done I am reconsidering everything. This is especially true of my themes and concepts. With such a plethora of fields and ideas to explore I am finding that my original intent is no longer at the center of my interests. I originated with the ideas of viewing childhood through the eyes of an adult, of misremembering and fragmentation. Currently these ideas seem to be informing my work rather than driving it. I am now considering the ideas of femininity and feminism and whether they can co-exists, as well as ideas of sexuality and madness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment