Monday, July 1, 2013

The Day After . . .

So it is officially one day after my first residency at The Art Institute of Boston at Lesley University and one giant step closer to an MFA in Visual Arts! The First Residency was a whirlwind of Artists, critiques, and great discussions. I have so missed getting feedback on my art since graduating from undergrad in 2011. I am so happy to be part of a wonderful and supportive artist community as well as part of a truly amazing group one, full of talented and intelligent artists. I cannot wait to see where this program takes us and what we will be producing by the time we graduate!

The Starting Point . . . 
Here are some of the images I applied with and brought along to the first residency. Most of the work is from undergrad including my BFA final project, an independent study project, as well as some more recent studies with different types of  paper. 
The main consensus about my work has been that the larger scale drawing based installation is the direction to go in (pictured above and below). However, I will not be abandoning the smaller collage based work just yet, but rather I will be adopting it into my general studio practice. 

Happy drawing . . . 










2 comments:

  1. I like seeing your collage work -- I don't remember seeing it at your show. It sounds like you had an amazing time -- I am jealous, but very happy for you.
    lots of love and luck from me to you,
    xoxox,
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to our MFA journey! The blog looks great. :-)

    ReplyDelete